Saturday, August 15, 2009

non entity

weekend update.

it's been a mad first week of school, involving an intense first day full of comms lectures -yeah so what if first week is all the intro lectures? the intro-ing bit doesn't actually last very long. they pretty much got right down to the content and threw us in the deep end haha. welcome to university, the second time round. (yeah, how many people can say that eh? crossing continents in the pursuit of education).

campus is ASIAN, humid and full of steps. i am going to comprain comprain and comprain summore, i don't care. garden campus is a pretty way of saying that it's right smack in the middle of the jungle haha. got a sweet deal hall-wise, except for the roomie from hell (actually she's from Uttarkhand) and I have nothing nice to say about her so I won't say anything at all- unless you meet me in person- then you will get an ear-pummeling, from the diatribe I aim in her general direction, about her.

my coursemates speak lovely english. it literally makes me float with happiness, cos i've been in a system of schools (not SA of course, SA was decent. or rosyth for that matter. people spoke good english in rosyth. ok so that leaves A.S.S) where they've absolutely mauled the english language with inability to construct grammatically-sound sentences. "We rox", for instance, was a common fixture of A.S.S table vandalism. yeah, bad english affects me. deeply. i do not claim to be a grammar nazi (look at my posts..i don't capitalise where i'm supposed to, and i don't spellcheck and *shockhorror* i use sms-language) nor a particularly pedantic person (neurotic, more like. :P shadup, all of you who're sniggering)

not only is their english good (what else do you expect silly, you're in a communications course?!) they're caring, accepting and such warm people as well! and some of em are hilarious :) they've made me feel so comfortable. we even have a routine, some of us, since we're in the same hall. We all have the same 9am classes (pre-assigned modules), so we meet for breakfast at 8 at our hall canteen, Golden Spoon (yes that's the name of the place lol), have our breakkie then head off to school via shuttle bus together. we sit in the LT together as well (so cliquish ah? but it doesn't feel cliquish, it's more like camaraderie- from knowing that you're with likeminded people who're in the same situation as you are. you stick together, but there're no obligations.)

it's going swimmingly for now.

other than that, this is probably the first time in a long time that i haven't been for this many gigs. and they were all within reach- i had people to go with, i had the funds, i had the time- but i just didn't go. i'm still trying to figure out why, but it's not affected me that much, really. i don't feel a deep sense of regret.

except for NIN. i might've just missed out on something massive. When i was in Sydney earlier this year, I remember one time I was waiting to cross the road outside uni, and there was this chap with the NIN tour shirt on standing in front of me, and I was throughly impressed. phwaor. in that instant, i decided that if NIN came to singapore, i'd go. I even remember telling Pre about this.

but eventually I didn't go. hmmm. something's not working up there in my head.

this is one of the songs I really wanted to hear. "Wish".
It's mostly one of my favourites cos I was so floored when Linkin Park did a cover of this song at their 2004 gig at the Padang. I was like, "FK, NINE INCH NAILS! aaahhhhhhh!!!!", cos i totally wasn't expecting it. Have I mentioned, Linkin Park was the first ever band that I watched live in concert. That I went with my friends..without parental/cousin-al guidance. so yeah, that was a milestone for me :)





at least i got to experience a teeny bit of the Lady Gaga concert though, albeit in a less than favourable but terribly stealthy and unconventional way. Lol. I exaggerate. ven and ken, you guys are LOVE.

would've liked to have been at Keane, but I dunno, I'd rather see them in a festival lineup, though i DO adore their songs. just not enough adoration, i guess.

BUT, not to worry. there will be other opportunities soon..VERY soon.

7 comments:

su said...

>.< <3

(btw where is Uttarkhand?)

BellamyGirl89 said...

suuu! <3

it's in northern India. all i know is that it's near the famous state of Uttar Pradesh.

oh su :( she's dreadful

su said...

because she has no concept of personal space?

Jeanette said...

"FK, NINE INCH NAILS! aaahhhhhhh!!!!"

I read it w/o the comma at first and was laughing as I imagined your fanatical face..

Anonymous said...

Good one on non entity and it helps a lot.

Thanks,
Karim - Positive thinking

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on mind .It should be very much helpfull.

Thanks,
Karim - Creating Power

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]uwcfEasUlfeW[/url] - MaPvtdLKaFNTTtn , http://yuxeflk.com