Sunday, July 26, 2009

once in a while something truly exciting happens in s'pore

I turned up in shades of blue (Keep the Blue Flag flying high. Mighty Mighty Chelsea FC) and Char turned up in her Spanish National Team-Torres jersey. Met Sham, Navin, Navan and Ganesh near Liang Court and waited ever so patiently for either the team bus/ the boats on the river to turn up.

We heard them before they came. The screams built up, as Char and I went into action and jostled our way as far front as we could. And then we laid eyes on him. That blonde crop is hard to miss lah :)

I swear to God I screamed out Torres' name and he waved back at me.
AND THE SAME HAPPENED TO CHARLENE! :D
I caught Fernando Torres' attention (claim to fame :P)

And Carra as well! Carra was more reserved though..he didn't really wave back. Xabi was all smiley and lovely, but rather unresponsive as well. Kuyt was hilarious..beckoning people to jump into the river and towards the boats they were on hahha

And we totally found a stray liverpool flag while walking toward Boat Quay HAHAHHAHAA.

and somewhere along the way, we were RUNNING like seow, trying to catch Nando's boat, battling the crowds and stopping every 200m or so to squeeze our way to the crowd, line up with the rest of the crowd waiting on the steps of the s'pore river, and scream/wave frantically at Senor Torres while he looked back and leaned over the railing flashing his glorious biceps/immaculate hair/amused smile.

I have grown to appreciate Fernando Torres via osmosis from being around Char so much hahahah :D. ok i'll let her tell the story in greater detail. she'll prob do a better job at it anyways. But I am SO HAPPY for you Char, that you finally got to lay eyes on Nando in person!

Tomorrow hopefully we will have equal success, at the match.

I am STILL tempted to wear my Chelsea jersey. I have successfully deluded myself that since it's in black it'll be inconspicuous. (yeah yeah keep telling yourself that. until you get beaten up, then you'll know) Lol but seriously, what does a neutral party wear to such a footie match?

edit: for fuck's sake I just want this whole Man City bidding for JT rubbish to STOP. I wish JT or the club would just make a statement and put an end to all this uncertainty. Prove to everyone that you're a True Blue, John Terry. In your 14th year of service to the club, I hope you will remain hand over heart, Blue till the end. My captain.

EDIT: I'm so happy I could CRY.

John Terry realeased a statement, an hour ago, pledging his commitment to Chelsea Football Club.

EDIT: Told you Char would do a better job at recollecting things. (yes, i'm referred to as Jelly in the post. that's me. your's truly) Pictures and all :) I'm honoured to have been through it all with you, Char. Keep The Blue Flag Flying High!

No comments: