Saturday, July 28, 2007

mimbulus mimbletonia
















What did you do when you finished reading Deathly Hallows?

I was in a car at the time. I had my iPod in, and I was listening to Sigur Rós. I don't know if you know them. They're a band who do sort of instrumental music, but it's just amazing. I think they're from Scandinavia somewhere. They've got an album called Takk...I was listening to, and it's very, very appropriate [for the end of Deathly Hallows]. I was listening to it and I remember I was sort of turned away from everybody else in the car, just so I could be in my own little world when I read it. What did I do when I finished? I think I just put the book down and carried on listening to the music. Just looked out of the car window, 'cause I couldn't think of what else to do. I'm still struggling to really take it in. It doesn't leave you in a hurry.

rest of the Q&A session with Dan Rad about DH here
i actually think i'm growing to like Dan more and more than i ever thought i'd allow myself too. Hey whaddya know he's the same age and wouldja look at that, he now has access to his fortune of 61 million pounds. Plus he has fantastic music taste (he listens to Sigur Ros (!!!) only the perfectest thing to listen to on a rainy day/when you're feeling sad/in the car driving past the NZ coastline/when you're reading DH etc etc). He's buddies with GARY OLDMAN (massive plus point right there) Yes yes, his acting may be inversely proportional to his looks (was it you who said that Netta, Su?) but he has such personality and wit and charm! if you watched his interview with Leno, i'm quite sure you would've fallen madly in love with him too. i dont know if interviews with mags and talk show hosts are an accurate gauge of one's personality, but he's got me sewn (cmon everybody sing along: "na naa nanannanaa" x3)

the pic above is from a behind the scenes series of pics from the Teen Vogue shoot. He's wearing the Polo Ralph Lauren that the officials at Wimbeldon wore this year!! well, the shoot was waaaay before Wimbeldon but he looks rather clever in it, no? i fell in love with the white piping on navy combi while YiSiong and i were at the Ralph Lauren section of Harrods




Gogol Bordello is damn cool ok. They're gipsy crack addicts, how much cooler can you get pls.
and Perry Farrell too. mostly cos he was the voice of Jane's Addiction (SCREW dave navarro!)

No comments: